Contact Info / Websites
Being a member here for 12 years isn't much of an accomplishment. It's like saying, "Woo-hoo I didn't die yet!" I was too stubborn to make a new account when I couldn't log on in the mid-2000's, mainly to show I've been here since the beginning. If I did make a new account around 2003, I'd be Level Uber-Cool and have a blam-to-save ratio to die for. Whatever right?
Here's 10 things that happened since my last Newgrounds Birthday/Anniversary in 2012, in no particular order.
1. My Pop pulled his Aortic artery. The aneurism was so big, they operated 24 hours after walking into the ER.
2. After 2 1/2 months in the hospital and 3 major operations, the last one amputating his leg, Pop expires with my sis near him. Lightning stuck when he passed, despite the clearing conditions.
3. Had surgery to remove a 2 cm long clump of cartilage disc, that was never gonna get back under the bone. Still recovering. Op went fine, but there were other complications....
4. Found 3 Asterix comics at the library that I've never read before! Still missing a few of the newer ones...
5. 4 kittens were born to the stray mama calico, we started feeding after the house guests and their dogs vacated 3 years ago. She was old when she started to get friendly to us - had seen her sulking around years before.
6. Mama calico died a few weeks after Sandy. Her two last sons preceded her, who were also born sometime after my 11th year of being here. Her 2 orange kids used to follow me everywhere, even down to the road :(
7. "Super-storm" Sandy kicked the power out for a full week. Pop had transferred back to the hospital from the halfway house, hours before it struck. Had an oil lamp and a gas stove, but no heat. Radio was okay.
8. I kept a 2 acre garden alive during a drought, yielding dozens bushels of produce no one bought. It was chucked and I was still poor. All the roadside veggie stands are gone, and the auction costs 75$ to sell at. Foreign food rips us off!
9. Saw a lot of family and my Pop's friends at his funeral, Sis stayed here for over a month, brother and his wife visited 2 days. Cooking and cleaning constantly in a claustrophobic house.
10. The cleaning and organizing and chucking of the things that were Pop's, proceeds. Sticking to the house while my back mends. I can't bend over for a month and have to wear a girdle :|
Oh, and as for all of my posts/blogs, AMA (ask me anything). Life's too short not to get a straight answer.
3/1/2013 -- Having trouble with PayPal, so it might take another day or two to get things sorted and properly started. I do not like how everything seems to be dependent on banks! I will be contacting various artists here at NG for commissions very soon! Another hitch: ancient Lexmark scanner (drivers, of course) is giving me a headache with getting additional reference pictures up :\