So like, happy 2018 I guess. 'Problems of the future, today' and all. Might as well use this post as a brief, bulleted commentary on all the things that make me a grumpy cat. Some will be stupid as fuck, some will be be dead on target, some might be misfires, I won't know unless you, the valued reader, comment. I'll put moar bullets in the clip as this week progresses. Wtih over 300 fans, kinda feel like I've been neglecting them, when I'm just suffering from NG ennui (slow loading pages, lack of big game dev uploads, etc.)
- The Pussyification of American English as a Spoken Language. Thanks to countless broadcast TV and radio affliates in the less populated areas of our sizable country, newsreaders, sportscasters, weathercasters and traffic reporters, have infiltrated the more populous areas. The result? Whiny, pinched and bassless voices are destroying local accents. The 21st century is doing a great job of homogonizing our very speech patterns, and not just English. A suburban person from Texas is now likely to sound like Kermit the Frog after a few cups of joe, instead of a deep sounding, slightly slower paced, southern US based drawl.
- MIC / IIC (military industrial complex / information industrial complex) versus the Bankers. These two have been at it since before the Second World War, and the American citizen has been paying for it ever since. The result? Our nations wealth has been sucked up by fancy war toys and Wall St. ramoras.
- SUV's. God, why? All that space with nothing in it, huge engine pulling a carcass that feels like a sports van, and obstructs other driver's view... perfect FU vehicle for the USA, wouldn't you say? Even our patron saint and cult leader Tom Fulp, eschews these weighty whales in favor smart station wagons, for a family of 4. Maybe OK for upscale indigenous migrant workers, scampering from condo to duplex on his/her way up the corporate food chain, dunno, hard to speculate... bad enough I'm visiting the intentions of those who actually bought a new SUV, let alone one that cost over 80K
- Food Quality in the US. Honey is called 100% pure, yet it's cut with corn syrup, sugar is called 100% pure, yet it's cut with imported saccharin. In the past 2-3 decades, the corporate machine has managed to fuck up even chicken, which is outsourced to poor southern farmers, who barely earn minimum wage... sometimes they get bounuses for under-feeding the chickens, feed which is provided to the farmer against any future payments. Millions of acres of land are slowly becoming toxic, thanks to petroleum based insecticide, pesticide, fertilizers and preservative agents. For every good advance in food production, there are 3 that add unecessary chemicals to the food chain. Laws that dictate conformity, waste thousands of tons of produce. Could go on, but, without local farms running things bio-mass neutral, people are gonna get sick and die sooner, plain n simple. It's hard to find chocolate that doesn't turn your tounge numb, thanks to a new seed oil that prevents foaming. And we wonder where obesity stems from, huh ._.
- Simple Lawlessness. Happens everywhere, and the amount of money involved has increased with time. Unground economies are the latest sticking point in our government, though it's hiding behind the label called 'immigration'. The dirty truth is, there is slavery all around us, being run and approved by unaccountable entities masquerading as businesses, leaders and charities. Sucks balls.
- Compulsory Personal Computer Use. I should expand on this gripe quite a lot, but I kinda consider myself all too close to the paradox/preference.... Don't care for 'congestion charging' or using my cellphone over public wi-fi, just to park in a big city. Don't care to use my phone to redeem e-coupons (thankfully, my grocery store has a analog option), or buy anything. My desktop PC at home is relatively secure enough that I don't mind buying things from it... but when it comes to video games, sheeeesh! It's a fricken toy, shouldn't need to log on to some network just to get it to work, especially if it's a single player only kinda thing... meh, I'm old school.