Unholy Skies Unholy Skies

Good song, bad situation. Guitar work and mixing was fantastic, but rly man, bring your voice up! If you're worried about the tin-can effect (well done btw), maybe dull the treble down, gate the high pitch or something.

Sound better than Bobby Dylan, so inch your voice volume up a lil bit. Used to work w/ a guy who used to re-remaster hip-hop and rap, biggest pet peeve was: killing his hearing while trying bring instruments and/or vocals up properly. Last I heard he was going into the drapery business.

The Conspiracy The Conspiracy

Nicely laid out, quite compelling words and instrumentals. Funk track was note for note good, just needed some 2Fnky4ubrutha organics in the tones, smooth in/out can effect, echo on the bass, idk, still quite solid.

4cat responds:

Sir, I am white and if I made the song any funkier it would be cultural appropriation.

jk thanks for the feedback :^)

Lord Loud - Storyweaver Lord Loud - Storyweaver

Damn, that's impressive.

Devil In The Mirror ft. Megurine Luka Devil In The Mirror ft. Megurine Luka

Best aspects of metal, all jumpy and diverse, very diggable! Robot voice was (I guess thankfully) somewhat muted, apropos, but it's hard to enjoy the lyrics. Sure would be epic if a golden throat belted out the lyrics, which are perfection.

What sort of headphones got smooshed? I used to use the cheapest Koss titanium headphones RadioShack sold, served me well in the field and in the chair, looking for a new standard that doesn't add artificial bass.

ADR3-N responds:

I'll answer the headphones first -- I had a pair of Sentry HM960's, which are cheap 10 dollar headphones I got on clearance, 2 pair. Well, they served me through all sorts of punishment, including workouts, until a 4 year old jumped on them and my laptop while they were plugged in (I had never been around this kid to know about his war on electronics or I would have had this stuff put up) and within the week, one of the ear muffs came unscrewed and fell off, and then the jack shorted out. They worked fine for the whole week up until point though. I preferred them for their very crisp but very flat response. Lots of clarity, no extra bass, 40 mm driver, etc.

Thanks for the review, by the way. I'm trying to work on getting some singing of my own going on, maybe even growls, but have had no space to sing in. After this, I'm working on seeing about revamping Crown of Thorns, and I also have more pieces coming out in this style. Vocaloid is of course, an acquired taste. For right now, it's just the easiest medium for me to get my ideas across quickly and clearly.

VicariousE at the Crossroads VicariousE at the Crossroads

Saw your name at the bottom of the BBS, and wondered what could be compelling to go you there, went to your profile and before I could check your stat page.... AAAAAaaaaahhhhahaHHaH!

Do love me some Hammond tones bruh, did you do the guitar in the middle, could've been brought forward then, but do like the mixing fore and aft. The riffing was above average, almost sounds like an artists impression of a glum weekday in NYC, still busy, just less stark than usual. Audio reviews are not my forte yo

S3C responds:

your reviews are better than most ;)

glad you found this track! wanted to make it a self-discovering surprise. yeah I did the 'guitar' in the middle- everything here was played on a keyboard routed through soft synth patches (except the drums). It's got a wet, distant reverb to mask the synthy artifacts and to a certain, small degree to mask my sloppiness ;)

thanks for the review dude! glad you like it

Origami Heart Origami Heart

Everything's nice and clear, but yeah, I'm sure you'll find a way to bring the vocals forward a bit, so the lyrics are more clear, though in this (allegedly) unmastered state, it sounds marvelous and natural, easy on the ears.

ADR3-N responds:

One of these days I will sit down and master the art of Vocaloid. I admit it's way harder in English than Jap. The consonants and vowels are much more sonically complex. Getting there though!

I'ma Shit My Pants Tonight I'ma Shit My Pants Tonight

Well, this sure made my Christmas Eve evening complete, great vocals and mixing, nice treat!

Father-of-Death responds:

THANKS DUDE!!!! <3 <3 <3

Polished Turd Loop Polished Turd Loop

Maybe Stephen King was wrong when he wrote about buffing brownies in 'Christine', you CAN polish a turd.

'Twas The Night Before Beta... 'Twas The Night Before Beta...

I'm still too hung up on blastin caps in foos to get into this Overwatch of which you rhyme,
your reading of this created a great masterpiece, sounds like it took a great deal of time.

Yet again your work is peerless, and it astounds me with skill,
putting your talents to this script, for me, was certainly a thrill.

Bloominglove Bloominglove

I suppose there were 1 or 2 places where your enunciation could've been better, but on the whole, quite personable sounding!

Wondermeow responds:

Thanks for your feedback noted